Accessibility at Lehigh University Art Galleries
Accessibility is a core value of Lehigh University Art Galleries (LUAG). We are continually working to improve access and accommodations for our exhibitions and programs to offer everyone full participation at LUAG.
We welcome you to contact us so that we can provide the best access possible to our events and programs - please describe any accommodation that helps your participation. If you have any questions about the information below or your upcoming visit, please contact Elise Schaffer at email@example.com or 610-758-6882.
Parking for the LUAG Main Galleries
The Zoellner Parking Garage is located directly next to Zoellner Arts Center and Lehigh University Art Galleries. There are 6 spaces provided on the lower level of the parking structure and one on-street accessible metered parking spot.
Accessible Parking spaces are located on the 1st and 3rd levels of the parking garage, and there is an elevator towards the Packer Avenue side of the garage. There are three accessible entrances to Zoellner Arts Center: The front entrance (on Packer Ave), the 3rd floor entrance (from the parking garage), and the campus entrance (ground floor, facing the Tamerler Courtyard). The first level of the garage is metered by Lehigh Parking Services 7 days per week until 11pm.
There is one on-street accessible metered parking spot located on East Packer Avenue. On-street parking is metered by the City of Bethlehem Monday through Saturday until 9pm. Meters can be paid with quarters or with the Park Mobile app. Click here to access ParkMobile.
You can also access Google Map directions to accessible entrances and parking at LUAG and on Lehigh’s campus, visit the Online Campus Map and select the “Accessible Entrances and Parking” filter from the dropdown menu on the right hand side of the webpage.
What to Expect
The accommodations described below apply to the LUAG Main Galleries located inside Zoellner Arts Center at 420 East Packer Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18015 on the first floor - closest to the entrance on East Packer Avenue.
For participants with mobility related disabilities
- The entrance to LUAG located at 420 East Packer Avenue is wheelchair accessible. This entrance leads to a vestibule area and an additional set of doors into the lobby area. This entrance does not have a power assist door. LUAG staff are happy to provide curb-to-seat assistance navigating the door and elevators for anyone who would like support. We ask that you let us know the day before you are visiting if you would like assistance. We ask that you let us know the day before you are visiting if you would like assistance entering our building.
- Accessible restrooms are located on the first floor of Zoellner Arts Center in the Main Lobby, just past the Box Office. There is also a gender-neutral restroom on the lower level inside the LUAG spaces that has the appropriate grab bars. However, the sink is located directly next to the toilet which may pose a potential barrier.
- When possible, please request wheelchair seating when registering for any program.
For participants who are blind or have low vision
- Materials for all LUAG events and meetings are available in large print or digital formats upon request.
- LUAG is pleased to provide Audio Description (AD) services and AD guided tours for select exhibitions and artwork. Please request this service at least two weeks in advance.
- LUAG staff will gladly greet participants to provide curb-to-seat service. If possible, please request this service a minimum of one day prior to the event and someone will meet you at the door of the building when you will arrive.
For participants who are deaf or hard of hearing
- American Sign Language Interpreters will be available as requested. Please request this service at least two weeks in advance.
- Open Captioning will be available as requested. Please request this service at least two weeks in advance.
- Our virtual events can have an ASL interpreter or open captioning upon request. Event recordings can also be captioned and/or transcribed. Please request these services at least two weeks in advance.
- For those participating in any Zoom meetings or events with LUAG, we're happy to assist you with accommodations. Please contact Elise Schaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-758-6882 to set up any accessibility needs in Zoom.
Virtual Tours and Materials
If you prefer to experience LUAG from home, there are many ways you can engage virtually!
- Visit the LUAG @ HOME - LEARN tab on our website to view lesson plans, at home activities, videos, family activities and more!
- View a Virtual Tour of our Teaching Museum in the Lower Gallery.
- Browse our Current Exhibitions page to view photos and learn more about what’s on view.
- Enjoy one of our many educational videos or event recordings and lectures by visiting the Video page on our website.